Bride & Groom Films
Click on any of the sections below to see the full details…
This is what Richard normally manages to cover on a wedding day...
- The bride’s and/or groom’s preparations just prior to the ceremony (if required)
- Detail shots of the ceremony location (inside & out), your candles, chairs, flowers and all of the little things that you won’t really get a chance to look at on the day itself – the details.
- The groom and groomsmen greeting guests, mingling outside the ceremony location, as more guests arrive
- The arrival of the bridesmaids and the bride herself
- The wedding ceremony and signing the register
- The bridal party leaving the ceremony location and greeting guests outside
- Photography shoot inside and outside the ceremony location (if this is happening)
- Richard captures footage of guests at the reception venue, the venue itself, shots of the room, your cake, the head table and all of the little details that make up your big day
- Arrival of the couple at the reception venue
- The couple mingling with guests
- Photography sessions at hotel and/or elsewhere
- Richard discreetly captures the guests entering the room and sitting for dinner
- The announcement of the bride and groom into the room for dinner
- The speeches (in full)
- Cutting the cake
- The first few dances normally (or dancing up until a time of your choice)
- The work only truly begins after your wedding day. Using the best editing tools available, Richard will craft your wedding film into a truly memorable experience for you and your loved ones to enjoy for generations.
This coverage above particularly references our Tarantino Package.
As standard, our service includes...
- Peace of mind. Richard has probably shot close to 1,000 weddings…
- There is no travel fee. It doesn’t matter which package you choose or where in Ireland your wedding is taking place. For destination weddings (weddings taking place outside of Ireland), there will be additional costs and considerations such as travel and accommodation.
- A creatively edited “highlights of the day” short film section at the end of your wedding video film summarizing the highlights of your big day. This short film is a great way to show people an overview of your wedding day, if it’s not possible to watch your full wedding film in one sitting. (Included in The Tarantino Package)
- Your short film is uploaded onto your own personal Vimeo page (we do this for you). You can share your short film with friends and family anywhere around the world.
- All of Richard’s weddings are color corrected and graded. This means that your wedding film will have a distinctive look and feel to it – a look and feel that is unique to a Bride & Grom Films wedding film. This makes your wedding video film take on the cinematic characteristics of a theatrical motion picture. The colors and the entire feel and visual texture of the overall wedding film become more cinematic as a result. Richard spends time planning the shoot in advance, and when editing, spends extra time going through every shot, making sure he has it looking the best it can possibly be before his couples see it.
- Your wedding film comes in custom ‘Bride & Groom Films’ presentation boxes, for longevity. The DVD and/or Blu-ray discs are personalized with our branded imagery and with your names and the date of the wedding occasion on them. HD USB flash drives also come in a presentation box.
- Broadcast-quality imagery and audio. Your wedding film is shot and delivered in full High Definition, at the highest possible quality, in the widescreen 16:9 format, to suit all screens.
- Small and discreet wireless microphones and audio recorders are used to capture the sounds of the day. This ensures crisp, crystal clear audio in your wedding film.
- Back-up equipment is carried at all times for your peace of mind. We normally carry two or three cameras, with plenty of battery power, and two or three of everything else: tripods, microphones etc. This equipment is never an eye sore – it’s all very compact, and is not left laying around the venue.
- Free no-obligation initial consultation by phone or e-mail or Skype “face to face”. Or if you’d like to drop out for a coffee and a chat you’re more than welcome.
- Consultations any time to discuss your requirements and the various options available for filming your big day.
- All wedding DVDs include a customized motion menu accompanied by music. Your names will appear on the menu above the ‘Play’ and ‘Chapters’ options.
- All wedding films include chapter points so you can easily skip back and forth through your wedding day to key moments, at your convenience.
- Thoughtful, considered editing to create a polished, professional wedding video film that will stand the test of time for generations. Nothing is “lightly edited” – everything, from the short film to the feature length edit is cut to a very high standard.
- Your videographer will arrive dressed for the occasion, making it easier for him to blend in with your guests and not be distracting.
- If it’s necessary to post your finished wedding video package to you, anywhere in the world, there will be no extra postage/shipping costs incurred. Your wedding film will be packaged carefully and sent to a location of your choice.
- We will retain a copy of your wedding DVD in our archive (for as long as possible), in case you need more copies made in the future.
How we operate...
- We really mean it when we say that we’re discreet and unobtrusive.
- We don’t ask you to pose or act anything out. We don’t ask you to “kiss”. That just looks incredibly unnatural. A real kiss, for example, captured discreetly from a distance, is far nicer and more meaningful than a staged kiss that usually ends up making the couple feel uncomfortable.
- We will provide you with a wedding film that you will actually want to watch more than once, and one that others will be happy to watch too.
- When you book Richard, you get Richard. No other videographer will turn up, and no editor-for-hire is used, ever. Richard produces your wedding film from booking through to completion. Even the presentation boxes that your wedding film arrives in, are finished in-studio by Richard.
- A reliable and intimate service. When you contact us, we will usually respond within 24 hours (usually faster).
- Only one wedding booking is taken per date, which ensures that your wedding film receives the full personal attention it deserves.
- Hassle-free service: no meetings are necessary prior to your wedding, unless you want to meet us. Your entire booking, from enquiry to final delivery of your wedding film can be handled, if you wish, by e-mail and by phone.
- Richard shoots with camera stabilization equipment, like the Glidecam, and a Kessler dolly and jib — adding a true cinematic visual nature to your wedding film.
Richard’s wedding dates book up fast, so we encourage you to make contact early to ensure availability!
Richard Finlay was recently ranked among the best videographers in the world by the DV Awards. He was also voted ‘Wedding Videographer of the Year’ in Ireland’s very first online wedding awards. In the same year, he was named as a top wedding videographer by Weddings Online.